Houston Hobby Airport Info to Make Traveling Easier
Houston Hobby is a comparatively tiny airport, serving only 10 million passengers a year, and is the largest hub for Southwest Airlines. Here are some tips to make traveling via HOU easier.
Busiest Days: Mondays and Fridays.
Busiest Times: Weekdays 7:00-9:00 AM, 3:00-5:00 PM.
Security Tips and Checkpoint Wait Times
- There is only one TSA security checkpoint. TSA screening times vary, depending on departure times. Mid-day, they range from 20-30 minutes, but you can do a real-time check of screening line times at:
Make TSA screening easier on everyone:
- Have your boarding pass and ID in hand when you get to the front of the line.
- Wear slip off shoes and a light coat, weather permitting.
- Liquids must be less than 3.4 ounces, bottles must fit in 1 quart bags,
and be placed in a bin for screening. Carry an empty water bottle and
fill it at a drinking fountain once you’re past security.
- Have laptops and large tech items easily accessible
- Use TSA Pre-Check (https://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck)
for a fast and easy screening process (short lines, no shoe removal, no liquid
checks, no computer removals)
Hobby offers free WiFi in all terminal gate areas.
Food & Drink at Houston-Hobby:
- Early morning coffee options at Hobby include Peet’s Coffee and Tea, Euro Café, and Dunkin Donuts.
- Want to eat before dropping off your car? Some locations near our facility include: